Comment on page
Usable Measure To Fix QuickBooks Error 1618
QuickBooks is the best tax calculation software, which streamlines the accounting process of small-sized organizations. Unfortunately, users can sometimes bump into QuickBooks Error 1618, which stops them from installing the software on their PC. If you also face this QB installation issue on your PC, this blog will help you discover the reasons it happens and the technique needed to terminate it.
Approach our QB support team at +1-855-856-0042 for quick troubleshooting of this installation error from your PC.
You’ll see this error code appear on the screen when you try running the QuickBooks installation file on your computer. The reasons this error forbids you from installing the accounting software on your PC are mentioned below-
- The installation file you use to install QBDT on your PC is damaged, and the Windows installer fails to process it.
- The Windows installer is busy with the installation of another program and cannot run the QB installation simultaneously.
- Microsoft runtime library might be damaged, which stops installation or updates or any application on your PC.
This error won’t let the QBDT installation complete successfully on your PC. The procedure required to remove the issue from your PC is described stepwise below-
QuickBooks installation mostly gets terminated by this error when the Windows installer malfunctions and fails to access the QB Installation package. This can happen if the Windows installer is already occupied with another program installation on your computer. This error code comes up whenever you try extracting the installation package and the Windows installer fails to run in the background. This can also happen if the Windows installer develops internal issues and freezes whenever you try installing QuickBooks. An easy way to remove the issue is by stopping MSIEXEC.exe from running in the background, as shown in these steps-
- Press the CTRL+Alt+Delete keys and single-click the Task Manager option in the next menu.
- Navigate to the Processes tab and alphabetically sort the processes using the Image name column.
- Move down the list of processes to search for MSIEXEC.exe.
- Single-click on it and click the End Process option below.
- Close the task manager window.
After the Windows Installer process is stopped, you must download and install the Microsoft Runtime libraries again. This installation issue can also develop if the Microsoft Library gets damaged and Windows fails to install any new application on your PC. Follow these steps to reinstall the Microsoft Library-
- Open a web browser on your PC and download Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable package.
Note: Download the Microsoft Visual C++ redistributable package (x86) for a 32-bit operating system and the Microsoft Visual C++ redistributable package (x64) for a 64-bit operating system.
- Specify the location on your PC for the download and double-click vcredist_X86.exe or vcredist_X64.exe.
- Do as per the directions given on the screen and reopen your PC afterward to install QuickBooks.
This blog thoroughly explains why QuickBooks Error 1618 stops you from installing the bookkeeping software on your PC. The methods needed to get rid of the error are also present in the blog, which you must use to prevent issues during QB installation.
Speak to our QB expert directly at +1-855-856-0042 if you run into problems while using the methods.
Last modified 2mo ago